USA: School alumni dispute Hershey sale
The alumni association of the Milton Hershey School filed a petition with the Dauphin County Orphans Court yesterday [Thursday] challenging the authority of the trust behind Hershey Foods Corp. to put it up for sale.
The school is funded by the trust, and the petition seeks to have the alumni association appointed to represent its pupils, who are the sole beneficiaries of the trust. The school caters to economically disadvantaged youths, reports the Associated Press.
The trust is seeking a buyer for Hershey because it wants to diversify its investment portfolio. Currently about half its assets are tied up in Hershey stock, and the trust is concerned it could be undermined if the company suffered a financial slowdown.
Iconic US chocolate maker Hershey Foods is in the midst of a transformation process. Its aim? To diversify into the snack food market in order to expand beyond its core chocolate business. With new pr...
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
McDonald's has announced the election of Richard Lenny, chairman, president and chief executive officer of US confectionery firm The Hershey Company, to the US fastfood giant's board of directors....
US confectionery and snack food company Hershey has announced that its newly formed, wholly owned subsidiary, Artisan Confections Company, has acquired the assets of Joseph Schmidt Confections, a prem...
US packaged food company ConAgra Foods has said it has received notice of an unsolicited "mini-tender" offer, made by TRC Capital Corporation of Ontario, Canada, to purchase up to 3.5 million of ConAg...
Hershey is to acquire the luxury chocolatier Scharffen Berger. In line with the quality-seeking trend in the consumer space, it is increasingly important that manufacturers target the premium market. ...
Snack company Hershey has agreed to acquire Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker, Inc, one of the fastest-growing premium dark chocolate companies in the United States....
Chocolate maker The Hershey Company has reported a rises in sales for the second quarter ended 3 July 2005, although earnings were down for the quarter because of a tax benefit recorded in the same pe...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image