SWEDEN: Schulstad bakery company to lay off 50% of employees in Lulea
Swedish bakery firm Schulstad revealed earlier today [Wednesday] that it will be making 37 of its 70 employees in Lulea, northern Sweden, redundant because manual labour will be unnecessary when the company installs new production machinery. Ten of the unlucky employees will be reappointed after the machines are installed however, said the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti