US: Schwan Food Co upgrades facility, creates 65 jobs
The facility in Florence can produce the equivalent of approximately 1.5m pizzas per day
Schwan Food Co., the US frozen foods firm has upgraded one of its facilities to meet growing demand, creating 65 jobs.
The US$22m investment in the company's facility in Florence, Kentucky, which produces pizza products, has created 65 jobs. A spokesperson for the company said the site has had equipment upgrades, including a new bakery, packaging line and oven.
The facility in Florence can produce the equivalent of approximately 1.5m pizzas per day, he added. Schwan Food Co. added that it has invested $180m into the plant over the past 13 years.
The frozen foods firm has 12 factories that are operated by Schwan's Global Supply Chain, a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Co.
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Timeline: Latest on battle over Chiquita