US: Schwan Food Co upgrades facility, creates 65 jobs
The facility in Florence can produce the equivalent of approximately 1.5m pizzas per day
Schwan Food Co., the US frozen foods firm has upgraded one of its facilities to meet growing demand, creating 65 jobs.
The US$22m investment in the company's facility in Florence, Kentucky, which produces pizza products, has created 65 jobs. A spokesperson for the company said the site has had equipment upgrades, including a new bakery, packaging line and oven.
The facility in Florence can produce the equivalent of approximately 1.5m pizzas per day, he added. Schwan Food Co. added that it has invested $180m into the plant over the past 13 years.
The frozen foods firm has 12 factories that are operated by Schwan's Global Supply Chain, a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Co.
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Danone UK ad banned over unauthorised claims
- Danone takes Mars yoghurts into more markets
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS