US: Schwan Food Co upgrades facility, creates 65 jobs
The facility in Florence can produce the equivalent of approximately 1.5m pizzas per day
Schwan Food Co., the US frozen foods firm has upgraded one of its facilities to meet growing demand, creating 65 jobs.
The US$22m investment in the company's facility in Florence, Kentucky, which produces pizza products, has created 65 jobs. A spokesperson for the company said the site has had equipment upgrades, including a new bakery, packaging line and oven.
The facility in Florence can produce the equivalent of approximately 1.5m pizzas per day, he added. Schwan Food Co. added that it has invested $180m into the plant over the past 13 years.
The frozen foods firm has 12 factories that are operated by Schwan's Global Supply Chain, a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Co.
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Analysis: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019
- Global Food and Beverages Consumer Packaging Market Outlook to 2018 - Players Shifting Focus towards Emerging Markets