US: Schwan Food Co upgrades facility, creates 65 jobs
The facility in Florence can produce the equivalent of approximately 1.5m pizzas per day
Schwan Food Co., the US frozen foods firm has upgraded one of its facilities to meet growing demand, creating 65 jobs.
The US$22m investment in the company's facility in Florence, Kentucky, which produces pizza products, has created 65 jobs. A spokesperson for the company said the site has had equipment upgrades, including a new bakery, packaging line and oven.
The facility in Florence can produce the equivalent of approximately 1.5m pizzas per day, he added. Schwan Food Co. added that it has invested $180m into the plant over the past 13 years.
The frozen foods firm has 12 factories that are operated by Schwan's Global Supply Chain, a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Co.
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk