US: Schwan's launches Freschetta gluten-free pizza
Schwan’s Consumer Brands launches gluten-free pizza
Schwan's Consumer Brands has introduced two varieties of Freschetta frozen gluten-free pizza: four cheese medley and signature pepperoni.
The company said it hoped the product could be enjoyed by the "whole family" regardless of dietary restrictions.
"When it comes to pizza, sacrificing gluten should not mean that you have to sacrifice great taste," said Bob Waldron, president, Schwan's Consumer Brands.
The new Freschetta pizzas are certified by the Celiac Sprue Association.
Freschetta gluten-free pizza is being offered throughout the US with an RRP of US$9.99.
Schwan’s Consumer Brands, Inc. is introducing Freschetta® Gluten-Free Pizza in “4 Cheese Medley” and “Signature Pepperoni” varieties. The new product full of flavorful toppings will feature a light, airy and crispy gluten-free crust that the whole family — regardless of dietary restrictions — can enjoy.
“When it comes to pizza, sacrificing gluten should not mean that you have to sacrifice great taste,” said Bob Waldron, president, Schwan’s Consumer Brands. “Our Freschetta® Gluten-Free Thin and Crispy Crust Pizzas offer a delicious, quality pizza, and meet the dietary needs of consumers who are eliminating gluten from their diets.”
Made with the freshest ingredients, the Freschetta® Gluten-Free Pizza offers a unique, 100 percent real premium blend of cheese toppings, including mozzarella, fontina, parmesan and Asiago, combined with a rich, flavorful pizza sauce on the “4 Cheese Medley” variety and loads of pepperoni on the “Signature Pepperoni Pizza” variety.
In addition to its great taste, the new Freschetta® pizza is certified by the Celiac Sprue Association.
“Offering a certified gluten-free product gives our customers extra assurance that Freschetta® Gluten-Free pizza is a product they can feel good about,” said Christina Meyer-Jax MS, RD, Principal Nutrition Scientist for The Schwan Food Company.
Freschetta® Gluten-Free Pizza is found in freezer aisles at local grocers and retails for $9.99.
For more information, visit Freschetta on Facebook.
Original source: Schwan’s Consumer Brands
The Schwan Food Co has appointed Robin Galloway to the post of EVP and chief financial officer....
A frozen pizza is a ready-made pizza that consumers can store in their refrigerators and consume as and when required. The shelf life of a frozen pizza is approximately 4-6 months, if stored in a free...
About Ready Meal A ready meal is a convenient and prepared food, which consists of ingredients that have been pre-cooked to a certain extent. It is considered as an easy alternative to food prepared a...
Frozen Foods, Canned Foods, Juices and Dried Fruit & Vegetable Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311400 Vital indus...
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Marks & Spencer Plc in Retailing (United Kingdom)