FRANCE/UK: Schwan’s sets up €3.5m ready meals production line in France
The French subsidiary of UK frozen pizza company Schwan's has invested €3.5m (US$3.4m) in a new production line. The new line is being used to produce pre-cooked meals. It is part of Schwan's plant in Mezidon-Canon in northwest France. Some 300 employees work at the plant, which generates annual turnover in the region of €50m. It produces four varieties of ready meals for sale in the UK, and is soon to start producing tarts for retail in France and neighbouring Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up