FRANCE/UK: Schwan’s sets up €3.5m ready meals production line in France
The French subsidiary of UK frozen pizza company Schwan's has invested €3.5m (US$3.4m) in a new production line. The new line is being used to produce pre-cooked meals. It is part of Schwan's plant in Mezidon-Canon in northwest France. Some 300 employees work at the plant, which generates annual turnover in the region of €50m. It produces four varieties of ready meals for sale in the UK, and is soon to start producing tarts for retail in France and neighbouring Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin