FRANCE/UK: Schwan’s sets up €3.5m ready meals production line in France
The French subsidiary of UK frozen pizza company Schwan's has invested €3.5m (US$3.4m) in a new production line. The new line is being used to produce pre-cooked meals. It is part of Schwan's plant in Mezidon-Canon in northwest France. Some 300 employees work at the plant, which generates annual turnover in the region of €50m. It produces four varieties of ready meals for sale in the UK, and is soon to start producing tarts for retail in France and neighbouring Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units