FRANCE/UK: Schwan’s sets up €3.5m ready meals production line in France
The French subsidiary of UK frozen pizza company Schwan's has invested €3.5m (US$3.4m) in a new production line. The new line is being used to produce pre-cooked meals. It is part of Schwan's plant in Mezidon-Canon in northwest France. Some 300 employees work at the plant, which generates annual turnover in the region of €50m. It produces four varieties of ready meals for sale in the UK, and is soon to start producing tarts for retail in France and neighbouring Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund