GERMANY: Schwarz appoints Lehmann as Kaufland CEO
German retailer Schwarz Group has appointed a new CEO to head its Kaufland chain.
A spokesperson told just-food today (2 August) that Frank Lehmann, deputy CEO of Kaufland, will take up the role of CEO with immediate effect.
Kaufland replaces Heinz Andrejewski who will remain with the company. The spokesperson said: "He switches to a new position in the Schwarz Group, he becomes a stockholder."
A review of the food industry's progress in cutting salt from products, and recommendations on the best way forward, are due to be published by the Government shortly....
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning