GERMANY: Schwarz appoints Lehmann as Kaufland CEO
German retailer Schwarz Group has appointed a new CEO to head its Kaufland chain.
A spokesperson told just-food today (2 August) that Frank Lehmann, deputy CEO of Kaufland, will take up the role of CEO with immediate effect.
Kaufland replaces Heinz Andrejewski who will remain with the company. The spokesperson said: "He switches to a new position in the Schwarz Group, he becomes a stockholder."
A review of the food industry's progress in cutting salt from products, and recommendations on the best way forward, are due to be published by the Government shortly....
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- What could influence US healthy snacking market?
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- US FDA approves genetically engineered salmon
- PepsiCo trims staff amid marketing cuts talk
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour