GERMANY: Schwarz appoints Lehmann as Kaufland CEO
German retailer Schwarz Group has appointed a new CEO to head its Kaufland chain.
A spokesperson told just-food today (2 August) that Frank Lehmann, deputy CEO of Kaufland, will take up the role of CEO with immediate effect.
Kaufland replaces Heinz Andrejewski who will remain with the company. The spokesperson said: "He switches to a new position in the Schwarz Group, he becomes a stockholder."
A review of the food industry's progress in cutting salt from products, and recommendations on the best way forward, are due to be published by the Government shortly....
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China