EU: Scientific advice recommends moratorium on cod fisheries
A number of cod fisheries should be closed in EU waters, according to the latest scientific advice from the independent International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES). Moratorium on cod fisheries The advice from ICES is to close all fisheries catching cod either as a target species or as by-catch in the Eastern Channel, Skagerrak, North Sea, Irish Sea and west of Scotland. As cod is caught along with a number of other species, this would mean a moratorium on most demersal fisheries in the areas concerned. Such measures would affect haddock, whiting and probably Nephrops fisheries. The advice on cod and other fish stocks in the northeast Atlantic is available on the ICES
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group