UK: Scientists clash over safety of first GM crop for commercial sale in UK
Government GM advisors will today [Wednesday] review disputed safety claims surrounding the first GM crop to be approved for commercial sale. FOE is calling on the government to ban the GM crop from the UK. ACRE (the Advisory Committee on Releases to the Environment) and ACAF (the Advisory Committee on Animal Feedingstuffs) are holding a unique public Open Hearing to consider disputed scientific evidence used to allow GM maize, owned by Aventis, to be given permission to be commercially grown in the UK.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods