CHINA: Scientists complete rice genome map
Chinese scientists have completed the world's first detailed map of the indica rice genome. Scientists working in the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and Bio-informatics Institute achieved the task of mapping the 60,000 genes. The map should provide the foundations for separating the genes for characteristics such as disease resistance, yield and quality, reported Xinhua's China Economic Information Service.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week