CHINA: Scientists complete rice genome map
Chinese scientists have completed the world's first detailed map of the indica rice genome. Scientists working in the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and Bio-informatics Institute achieved the task of mapping the 60,000 genes. The map should provide the foundations for separating the genes for characteristics such as disease resistance, yield and quality, reported Xinhua's China Economic Information Service.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target