PHILIPPINES: Scientists develop new products from coconut oil
Scientists from the National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (Biotech), based at the University of the Philippines Los Baños, have developed three new products from coconut oil. The researchers used the enzyme lipase, which speeds up the synthesis of fats, in order to create high-value specialty fats, flavour esters and antibacterial agents from coconut oil.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins