EU: Scientists propose field trials for evaluating new rapid BSE tests
The Scientific Steering Committee (SSC), advising the European Commission inter alia on BSE related issues, today [Thursday] published an opinion outlining a set-up for field trials for new rapid BSE tests. The objective of the field trails is to compare the new rapid BSE tests under field conditions (e.g. in different laboratories in different countries etc.) against currently used and authorised tests. They will therefore be tried out on a selected number of samples analysed as part of the current systematic routine testing at slaughter and on a selected number of known positive samples. The number of analyses to be carried out is based on statistical and practical considerations (e.g. limited number of available BSE positive specimens).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report