UK: Scientists slam government for lack of investigation into BSE in sheep
Top scientists have accused the British government of continually ignoring repeated requests for a nationwide sheep survey for signs of BSE, and of putting the public's health at risk as a consequence. A study of the national sheep flock for evidence of the brain wasting disease, which is thought to be linked to the deadly human condition vCJD, should have been started years ago, according to Professor Roy Anderson, an epidemiologist at London's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Hershey steps up work on calories