UK: Scientists slam government for lack of investigation into BSE in sheep
Top scientists have accused the British government of continually ignoring repeated requests for a nationwide sheep survey for signs of BSE, and of putting the public's health at risk as a consequence. A study of the national sheep flock for evidence of the brain wasting disease, which is thought to be linked to the deadly human condition vCJD, should have been started years ago, according to Professor Roy Anderson, an epidemiologist at London's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast