UK: Scottish fishing industry faces crisis
Fishermen's leaders have warned that Scotland's fishing industry could collapse if cod catches are banned in the sea around Scotland. Their warning came in response to a report by EU scientists claiming that cod catches should be banned to preserve declining cod stocks. The report also advises EC ministers to ban the use of trawlers which catch cod as a consequence of fishing for other seafood such as haddock and prawns.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up