UK: Scottish fishing industry faces crisis
Fishermen's leaders have warned that Scotland's fishing industry could collapse if cod catches are banned in the sea around Scotland. Their warning came in response to a report by EU scientists claiming that cod catches should be banned to preserve declining cod stocks. The report also advises EC ministers to ban the use of trawlers which catch cod as a consequence of fishing for other seafood such as haddock and prawns.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations