UK: Scottish man invents tumblefryer
A Scottish inventor has devised a machine that cooks food using the same technology used to dry clothes in a tumble dryer.
Stuart Morrison, of Dunoon, Argyll, developed the “tumblefryer” after a friend said he wanted to produce a mechanical wok.
The tumblefryer, which looks similar to a tombola, workers like a tumble dryer with two drums. A ceramic outer drum heats up whilst the inner drum rotates. This process ensures all the food is cooked evenly.
Morrison believes that if his product ever emerged on the market there could be two versions: one for use in restaurants and a version for domestic use.
Morrison is one of five Scots whose designs were chosen by the Discovery Channel’s What’s The Big Idea programme at its Glasgow roadshow.
The competition’s judges were so impressed they say they will pitch it to manufacturers, reported the Daily Record.
Morrison now hopes his tumblefryer will become a household essential.
Supermarket chain Wm Morrison Supermarkets has announced a rise in like for like sales for its continuing business of 5% or 2.6% excluding fuel for the half year ended 24 July (25 weeks)....
Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc has announced that contracts have been exchanged for the final four 'divestment' stores required to be sold under the undertakings given to the Office of Fair Trading in D...
Supermarket chain Wm Morrison has appointed three new non-executive directors in a bid to end a long-running row with investors, the Reuters news agency reports....
Flavoured milk company Bravo! Foods International has announced that its wholly-owned United Kingdom subsidiary, Bravo! Brands (UK) Ltd will ship the first round of its Slammers fortified milk drink p...
UK supermarket chain Wm Morrison, which has its AGM today (Thursday) has issued figures showing like for like sales up 5.4% or 2.3% excluding fuel for the first 15 weeks of the current financial year...
The Competition Commission has published a list of uses as part of its inquiry into the recent acquisition of 115 stores and other assets from WM Morrison Supermarkets by supermarket chain Somerfield....
Supermarket Tesco further increased its lead in the UK grocery market in the twelve weeks to 24 April 2005, according to market analysts TNS. Sainsbury managed a small rise, while Wal-Mart's Asda and ...
Dairy company Robert Wiseman Dairies PLC announced today (Thursday) that its supply contract with Wm Morrison Supermarkets is not to be renewed....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review