UK: Scottish Salmon Co. 2013 earnings rise
- 2013 sales total GBP82.4m (US$139.3m), up 3.7%
- EBITDA excluding one-offs up 40% to GBP10.67m
- Net earnings of GBP2.67m, compared to 2012 loss of GBP2.89m
Sales, earnings rise
The Scottish Salmon Co. has reported an increase in earnings for 2013, with higher sales and improved margins benefiting the bottom line.
The company saw net income return to the black. In 2013 the group lapped exceptional items that dented the 2012 result and reported higher operating margins.
Sales also rose in the period and the group stressed the development of its relationships with key customers.
Click here to view the firm's annual report.
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Battle against antimicrobial resistance
- General Mills to axe 675-725 jobs
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure