UK: Scottish Salmon Co. 2013 earnings rise
- 2013 sales total GBP82.4m (US$139.3m), up 3.7%
- EBITDA excluding one-offs up 40% to GBP10.67m
- Net earnings of GBP2.67m, compared to 2012 loss of GBP2.89m
Sales, earnings rise
The Scottish Salmon Co. has reported an increase in earnings for 2013, with higher sales and improved margins benefiting the bottom line.
The company saw net income return to the black. In 2013 the group lapped exceptional items that dented the 2012 result and reported higher operating margins.
Sales also rose in the period and the group stressed the development of its relationships with key customers.
Click here to view the firm's annual report.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration