UK: Scottish Salmon Co. 2013 earnings rise
- 2013 sales total GBP82.4m (US$139.3m), up 3.7%
- EBITDA excluding one-offs up 40% to GBP10.67m
- Net earnings of GBP2.67m, compared to 2012 loss of GBP2.89m
Sales, earnings rise
The Scottish Salmon Co. has reported an increase in earnings for 2013, with higher sales and improved margins benefiting the bottom line.
The company saw net income return to the black. In 2013 the group lapped exceptional items that dented the 2012 result and reported higher operating margins.
Sales also rose in the period and the group stressed the development of its relationships with key customers.
Click here to view the firm's annual report.
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Briefing: 11 menu trends shaping US foodservice
- Foodservice in the US - what the analysts say
- How can brands capitalise in US foodservice?
- UK organic industry's bullish outlook
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Hain buys 100% of deli meats firm Empire
- Thorntons sales, profits fall
- Dr Oetker to buy Coppenrath & Wiese
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm