USA: Seaboard Corporation announces sale of Salmon Operations
Seaboard Corporation (Amex: SEB) yesterday announced that it has completed the sale to Fjord Seafood ASA (Fjord) of its ownership interest in ContiSea, LLC, which engages in the production, processing and sale of salmon and seafood products through its two subsidiaries, Atlantic Salmon (Maine) Limited Liability Company and Ducktrap River Fish Farm, LLC. Pursuant to the transaction, Seaboard received shares of Fjord, which are traded on the Oslo Stock Exchange. As a result of the transaction, Seaboard will recognize a pre-tax gain of approximately $18,000,000. Fjord is engaged in the production and processing of salmon in Norway and Chile
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review