USA: Seaboard Corporation announces sale of Salmon Operations
Seaboard Corporation (Amex: SEB) yesterday announced that it has completed the sale to Fjord Seafood ASA (Fjord) of its ownership interest in ContiSea, LLC, which engages in the production, processing and sale of salmon and seafood products through its two subsidiaries, Atlantic Salmon (Maine) Limited Liability Company and Ducktrap River Fish Farm, LLC. Pursuant to the transaction, Seaboard received shares of Fjord, which are traded on the Oslo Stock Exchange. As a result of the transaction, Seaboard will recognize a pre-tax gain of approximately $18,000,000. Fjord is engaged in the production and processing of salmon in Norway and Chile
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses