USA: Seaboard Corporation announces sale of Salmon Operations
Seaboard Corporation (Amex: SEB) yesterday announced that it has completed the sale to Fjord Seafood ASA (Fjord) of its ownership interest in ContiSea, LLC, which engages in the production, processing and sale of salmon and seafood products through its two subsidiaries, Atlantic Salmon (Maine) Limited Liability Company and Ducktrap River Fish Farm, LLC. Pursuant to the transaction, Seaboard received shares of Fjord, which are traded on the Oslo Stock Exchange. As a result of the transaction, Seaboard will recognize a pre-tax gain of approximately $18,000,000. Fjord is engaged in the production and processing of salmon in Norway and Chile
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action