BRAZIL: Seara may strike deal with Tyson
Bunge subsidiary Seara Alimentos of Brazil is currently negotiating a deal with US company Tyson Foods. If completed, the deal would see Seara selling processed poultry and hog products to Tyson for export. Seara has two processed product plants which are currently producing 3000 tonnes per month below their 13,000 tonne capacity. This year during the Q2 period Seara exported 64% of its overall output compared with 45% in the same period last year, while domestic sales fell 7.7%. The deal with Tyson will help Seara in its aim to focus on the international market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid