BRAZIL: Seara may strike deal with Tyson
Bunge subsidiary Seara Alimentos of Brazil is currently negotiating a deal with US company Tyson Foods. If completed, the deal would see Seara selling processed poultry and hog products to Tyson for export. Seara has two processed product plants which are currently producing 3000 tonnes per month below their 13,000 tonne capacity. This year during the Q2 period Seara exported 64% of its overall output compared with 45% in the same period last year, while domestic sales fell 7.7%. The deal with Tyson will help Seara in its aim to focus on the international market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth