USA: SEC probes IBP financial documents
IBP 's $3.2bn bid for by Tyson Foods may be delayed after the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) sought clarification about some of IBP's past financial information and filings. Tyson said on Thursday it was delaying the completion of its cash tender offer, as well as the filing of its exchange offer documents with the SEC, because questions had been raised. It added that it would "carefully monitor this situation to determine what impact, if any, the resolution of [the SEC's] questions related to past accounting practices will have on the financial statements and business".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti