AUSTRALIA: Second farm quarantined after heifer dies from anthrax
The death of a two-year-old heifer from bacterial anthrax has left a second farm in Victoria state under quarantine. Keith Hamilton, the state's agriculture minister, released a statement yesterday [Sunday] that said: "Immediate measures have been taken to control the disease by quarantining the property, disposing of the infected carcass by incineration and vaccinating the remaining cattle on the property.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review