USA: Secrets of successful dieters revealed in national survey
Waistlines continue to grow with 55 percent of the American adult population now overweight, according to recent government statistics. The federal government has declared an obesity epidemic. However, a new national survey reveals that some Americans are losing weight successfully.The survey, recently released by the Calorie Control Council, reveals that one-fourth of the population is currently on a diet and another 47 percent are making a conscious effort to control their weight. This means that more than 124 million Americans (over the age of 18) are trying to either lose or control their weight. And with some success -- almost two-thirds of dieters have lost at least ten pounds in recent months. The Council, a non-profit trade association, has tracked dieting trends for over 20 years.So what are the secrets of these successful dieters? Men and women alike feel that in order to watch their weight they need to pay attention to both fat and calories. Additionally, the top five most popular ways of losing and controlling weight are:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival