US: Seneca acquires canned fruit group Independent Foods
Seneca completes Independent buy
Seneca Foods has completed the acquisition of Washington-based canned fruit manufacturer Independent Foods.
Independent produces branded and private label canned pears, apples and cherries.
"We believe that these operations are a complementary fit with our existing canned fruit business. We are very excited about this acquisition and the addition of the Sunnyside, Washington facility to our production facilities, and the extension of our product offerings it brings to our company," stated Kraig Kayser, Seneca Foods' president and CEO.
The financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Seneca Foods makes products under brands including Libby's, Stokely's and Seneca Farms. It manufactures private-label lines and also makes canned and frozen vegetables for General Mills, which the US food giant then sells under the Green Giant brand.
The company had announced that it was in talks over a potential acquisition in November.
Seneca Foods Completes the Acquisition of Independent Foods LLC
MARION, N.Y., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seneca Foods Corporation (the "Company") (NASDAQ: SENEA, SENEB) announced today that it completed the acquisition of Independent Foods, LLC. This business, based in Sunnyside, Washington, is a processor of canned pears, apples and cherries in the United States. Its product suite is sold via branded and private label items to the retail, foodservice and industrial markets.
"We believe that these operations are a complementary fit with our existing canned fruit business. We are very excited about this acquisition and the addition of the Sunnyside, Washington facility to our production facilities, and the extension of our product offerings it brings to our company," stated Kraig Kayser, Seneca Foods' President and CEO. "On behalf of the entire Seneca team, I welcome them to the organization."
Original source: Seneca Foods
General Mills unveiled plans for a raft of new products last week as it seeks to improve sales across its business, particularly in the Yoplait owner's yoghurt division. There was a major piece of con...
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities