Seneca Foods acquires candied fruit firm Gray & Co.
Gray&Co. owns the Cherryman brand
Seneca Foods has acquired US glace and candied fruit maker Gray & Co.
Gray & Co. is a provider of maraschino cherries and a provider of glace or candied fruit products. Its product suite is sold via branded and private label items to the retail, club stores, foodservice and industrial markets. It owns the Cherryman brand.
"We believe that these operations are a complementary fit with our existing canned fruit business. We are very excited about this acquisition and the extension of product offerings it brings to our company," said Kraig Kayser, Seneca Foods' president and CEO.
James Reynolds, CEO of Gray & Co., said: "After 34 years at the helm, it is high time for me to secure the bright future of our business by transferring leadership and ownership to a much larger organisation with a compatible culture and business to propel us for the next 35 years. This union with Seneca is a very good day indeed for our employees, growers and customers. I am delighted."
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti