US: Senior appointment at Nash Finch
Minneapolis-based food distributor Nash Finch has appointed Christopher Brown as executive vice president, Food Distribution, with effect from 6 November 2006.
Brown, who joins the company from the leading Minnesota-based online grocery delivery company SimonDelivers, will oversee Nash Finch's Food Distribution group, which has enlarged responsibilities after a recent reorganisation. He will report to president and CEO Alec Covington.
"Christopher Brown is the ideal candidate to lead our refocused Food Distribution group," Covington said. "He brings a wealth of experience in the grocery industry, both in the wholesale and retail arenas, and has extensive expertise in several key areas of operations, including procurement, merchandising and marketing."
Nash Finch is consolidating all its merchandising and sales operations into its Food Distribution group, and is transferring certain food distribution logistics into its supply chain management department. The company said the changes are designed to sharpen the Food Distribution group's focus on growing sales and enhance its ability to deliver superior customer service and improve its retail execution.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target