USA: Sensient not flavour of the month as it cuts 200 jobs
Ingredient manufacturer Sensient Technologies said it was cutting 200 jobs to eliminate costs after reporting lower first quarter earnings on Thursday. The maker of colours, flavours, and fragrances for the food industry, said earnings from continuing operations were US$11.0m in the quarter ending 31 March, compared to US$19.2m reported a year earlier. Revenue was down to US$195.7m from US$205.2m for the same period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival