USA: Sensient not flavour of the month as it cuts 200 jobs
Ingredient manufacturer Sensient Technologies said it was cutting 200 jobs to eliminate costs after reporting lower first quarter earnings on Thursday. The maker of colours, flavours, and fragrances for the food industry, said earnings from continuing operations were US$11.0m in the quarter ending 31 March, compared to US$19.2m reported a year earlier. Revenue was down to US$195.7m from US$205.2m for the same period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study