NETHERLANDS: Sentega acquires European label activities of Avery Dennison
Sentega Holding, a company created by a group of former Avery Dennison executives in Europe, has acquired three European label converting plants from Avery Dennison.
Sentega, which is privately held, specialises in manufacturing customised self-adhesive labels for a wide range of customers across Europe. Sentega's products range from variable imprinting labels to highly specialised automotive, safety and functional solutions. The transaction was completed on 30 August 2002.
As well as its manufacturing plants in the UK and the Netherlands, Sentega runs a pan-European sales operation and said it ranks among the top ten label converters in Europe. Sentega's customer base includes many market-leading automotive, electronics, aeronautics and durable goods manufacturers, as well as retail and logistics operators in Europe.
"The birth of Sentega marks an exciting development for all our stakeholders," said Svend Lynge Joergensen, chairman and co-founder of Sentega Holding. "We believe this gives our customers greater flexibility of service, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and responsiveness; it gives our suppliers a focused partner to work with; and our employees the chance to participate in the creation and growth of a new, forward-looking and 100% customer-focused player in the market. We will continue our strategy of delivering high-value, specialist solutions for European businesses and continue to invest in research and development of new products to meet changing customer needs."
According to AWA Market research, the European market for converted self-adhesive products is expected to grow by 5-6% annually for the next five years.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review