CANADA: Janes Family Foods Ltd. Re: Sepp's Gourmet Foods Ltd.
Janes Family Foods Ltd. ("Janes") announces the withdrawal of its intention to make a take-over bid for all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Sepp's Gourmet Foods Ltd. ("Sepp's") as announced in Sepp's September 11, 2001 press release. Janes intended to offer $0.84 per common share of Sepp's subject to a minimum tender condition of at least 33.5% of the issued and outstanding common shares of Sepp's, including those common shares of Sepp's which are held by Janes and parties acting jointly with Janes. However, Janes is withdrawing its intention to make the bid because it has been unable to reach an agreement or understanding with Sepp's on the terms for making the bid to all shareholders of Sepp's, which would include the termination of Sepp's agreement with respect to a going-private transaction by way of arrangement proposed by certain shareholders, five of the seven directors of Sepp's and members of Sepp's management (the "Acquisition Group") which would provide minority shareholders with $.071 per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth