USA: Heads Up: September is National Ostrich Month
Contrary to myth, the ostrich does not bury its head in the sand. Rather, the ostrich is busy producing for the American farmer. So much so that in 1998, U.S. farmers produced 1.6 million pounds of ostrich meat and exported over 25,000 ostrich hides for use in the fashion and leather industries. To further awareness of the ostrich industry and its products, the American Ostrich Association (AOA) has proclaimed September as "National Ostrich Month.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units