USA: Heads Up: September is National Ostrich Month
Contrary to myth, the ostrich does not bury its head in the sand. Rather, the ostrich is busy producing for the American farmer. So much so that in 1998, U.S. farmers produced 1.6 million pounds of ostrich meat and exported over 25,000 ostrich hides for use in the fashion and leather industries. To further awareness of the ostrich industry and its products, the American Ostrich Association (AOA) has proclaimed September as "National Ostrich Month.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs