GREECE/SERBIA: Serbian sugar plant rejects Hellenic offer
The Serbian government has said that it is considering the cancellation of a tender for the privatisation of the Crvenka sugar refinery plant after it emerged that the only bidder, Greece's Hellenic Sugar, had not provided sufficient details. The government's Privatisation Agency had previously agreed to Hellenic's €11.9m (US$11.6m) bid, but workers at the plant in Crvenka said that Hellenic had not specified the size of staff redundancy packages.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant