USA: Services Group of America closes buyout of S&P Foods
Services Group of America has announced the purchase of the assets of Washington State-based meat producer S&P Foods on 9 August. The deal makes S&P Foods an independent operating company of DSA Meats, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Services Group. A wholesaler and producer of meat products in the western US, S&P Foods will continue to maintain its US$35m customer base and its custom meat cutting operations in both Spokane and Tacoma, Washington. Currently S&P Foods employs 95 people in its headquarters facility in Spokane and 14 meat cutters in its Tacoma plant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Mondelez takes thinner Oreos to Germany