USA: Services Group of America closes buyout of S&P Foods
Services Group of America has announced the purchase of the assets of Washington State-based meat producer S&P Foods on 9 August. The deal makes S&P Foods an independent operating company of DSA Meats, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Services Group. A wholesaler and producer of meat products in the western US, S&P Foods will continue to maintain its US$35m customer base and its custom meat cutting operations in both Spokane and Tacoma, Washington. Currently S&P Foods employs 95 people in its headquarters facility in Spokane and 14 meat cutters in its Tacoma plant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund