CZECH REPUBLIC: Setuza sees Q1 profits climb despite sales drop
The Czech Republic's largest producer of edible oils, Setuza, has posted a 33% increase in its Q1 profits year on year, to reach CZK38.67m (US$1.14m). This increase came despite a 19.2% fall in sales, to CZK 1.36bn, and Setuza explained that it was largely driven by cost-cutting measures. The sales drop came because the firm made cuts in loss-making activities, like the export of edible oils.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea