CZECH REPUBLIC: Setuza sees Q1 profits climb despite sales drop
The Czech Republic's largest producer of edible oils, Setuza, has posted a 33% increase in its Q1 profits year on year, to reach CZK38.67m (US$1.14m). This increase came despite a 19.2% fall in sales, to CZK 1.36bn, and Setuza explained that it was largely driven by cost-cutting measures. The sales drop came because the firm made cuts in loss-making activities, like the export of edible oils.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target