Shandong Delisi abandons Yolarno tie-up amid securities probe
Shandong Delisi abandons agreement to buy stake in Australia's Yolarno
Chinese pork processor Shandong Delisi has abandoned a planned investment in partnership with Yolarno Pty, the parent company of Australian beef processor Bindaree Beef.
However, Shandong Delisi has abandoned the tie-up due to an investigation by the Shenzhen Securities Exchange, which identified "a major violation, or suspicion of illegal disclosure, non-disclosure of important information".
In a regulatory filing, Shandong Delisi noted the company has been issued with a warning and a fine of CNY30m. Various company officials were also fined for their role in the breach.
As of the most recent announcement, the company had not received an administrative punishment, but Shandong Delisi noted that the administrative penalty decision will be disclosed in a "timely manner".
Shandong Delisi did not respond to requests for comment. Officials at Yolarno and Bindaree Beef could not be reached for comment.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti