USA: Shareholders insist that Anheuser labels all GM ingredients
Two major shareholders of Anheuser-Busch Cos, the Camilla Madden Charitable Trust and Virginia Lee Clinch, have submitted a proposal asking the St. Louis brewer to identify and label all of its products that may contain GM ingredients. The proposal explained that there is strong consumer support for GM labelling. Many international markets are resistant to GM foods, the shareholders said, and there remains concern about the long-term effects of GM agriculture on consumers, animals and the environment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations