USA: Shareholders insist that Anheuser labels all GM ingredients
Two major shareholders of Anheuser-Busch Cos, the Camilla Madden Charitable Trust and Virginia Lee Clinch, have submitted a proposal asking the St. Louis brewer to identify and label all of its products that may contain GM ingredients. The proposal explained that there is strong consumer support for GM labelling. Many international markets are resistant to GM foods, the shareholders said, and there remains concern about the long-term effects of GM agriculture on consumers, animals and the environment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre