USA: Shareholders insist that Anheuser labels all GM ingredients
Two major shareholders of Anheuser-Busch Cos, the Camilla Madden Charitable Trust and Virginia Lee Clinch, have submitted a proposal asking the St. Louis brewer to identify and label all of its products that may contain GM ingredients. The proposal explained that there is strong consumer support for GM labelling. Many international markets are resistant to GM foods, the shareholders said, and there remains concern about the long-term effects of GM agriculture on consumers, animals and the environment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- ABF sees further grocery revival
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'