Shares in Ukrproduct dip on profit warning
Dairy firm Ukrproduct has warned of a loss for FY2014
Shares in Ukrproduct, the Ukrainian producer of branded dairy foods and beverages, have dipped after the group said it will report a loss for 2014.
In a trading update, the firm said despite an expectation of a "sizeable" year on year increase in EBITDA and operating profit, the "significant" hryvnia devaluation has "offset such operating improvement via a negative foreign exchange difference charge".
Reporting on individual segments, the group said branded dairy products were challenged by the market situation and sales are expected to be lower year-on-year. In butter there was a decrease in volumes and revenues but margins did improve. Hard cheese sales were hit during the year.
Skimmed milk however is expected to show a robust 62% increase in sales as a result of increased focus on export demand.
Shares in Ukrproduct fell 7.65% to 7p per share today (23 December) at 17:21 GMT.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"