Shares in Ukrproduct dip on profit warning
Dairy firm Ukrproduct has warned of a loss for FY2014
Shares in Ukrproduct, the Ukrainian producer of branded dairy foods and beverages, have dipped after the group said it will report a loss for 2014.
In a trading update, the firm said despite an expectation of a "sizeable" year on year increase in EBITDA and operating profit, the "significant" hryvnia devaluation has "offset such operating improvement via a negative foreign exchange difference charge".
Reporting on individual segments, the group said branded dairy products were challenged by the market situation and sales are expected to be lower year-on-year. In butter there was a decrease in volumes and revenues but margins did improve. Hard cheese sales were hit during the year.
Skimmed milk however is expected to show a robust 62% increase in sales as a result of increased focus on export demand.
Shares in Ukrproduct fell 7.65% to 7p per share today (23 December) at 17:21 GMT.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report