SINGAPORE: Shark-infested tank sets stage for soup protest wedding
In an unusual protest against the rising consumer demand for shark fin soup, s Singapore couple have got married in a shark-filled tank. Blushing bride Julia Khoo, who tied the knot with Lester Kwok at Underwater world aquarium on Singapore's Sentosa Island, said that demand for the soup is leading to the decimation of the shark population.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast