SINGAPORE: Shark-infested tank sets stage for soup protest wedding
In an unusual protest against the rising consumer demand for shark fin soup, s Singapore couple have got married in a shark-filled tank. Blushing bride Julia Khoo, who tied the knot with Lester Kwok at Underwater world aquarium on Singapore's Sentosa Island, said that demand for the soup is leading to the decimation of the shark population.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs