UK/USA: Shaw’s buys 18 Ames stores
Shaw's, the US unit of UK supermarket retailer J Sainsbury, has been successful in its bid for 18 stores from collapsed US retailer Ames. The deal, worth US$75.5m, was finalised on Friday. Shaw's said the new stores offered the company an opportunity to expand through replacement stores, new stores and real estate opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning