UK/USA: Shaw’s buys 18 Ames stores
Shaw's, the US unit of UK supermarket retailer J Sainsbury, has been successful in its bid for 18 stores from collapsed US retailer Ames. The deal, worth US$75.5m, was finalised on Friday. Shaw's said the new stores offered the company an opportunity to expand through replacement stores, new stores and real estate opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry