USA: Shaw's Supermarkets initiates voluntary recall
Shaw's Supermarkets, Inc. is voluntarily removing from sale Shaw's 75% Lean Ground Beef that was processed and sold at only the Garden City - Cranston, RI store. The recalled product has the following sell-by-date on the package: 02-02-01. The product is being recalled because a Cranston Store Associate found a piece of blue plastic in the ground beef meat grinder. The blue plastic that was found is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) food grade approved material.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast