USA: Shaw's Supermarkets initiates voluntary recall
Shaw's Supermarkets, Inc. is voluntarily removing from sale Shaw's 75% Lean Ground Beef that was processed and sold at only the Garden City - Cranston, RI store. The recalled product has the following sell-by-date on the package: 02-02-01. The product is being recalled because a Cranston Store Associate found a piece of blue plastic in the ground beef meat grinder. The blue plastic that was found is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) food grade approved material.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth