USA: Shaw's Supermarkets on the expansion trail - MEMBERS
The incoming CEO of US supermarket group Shaw's says that tailoring stores to the areas they serve is vital to their success. "We don't want to be one-size-fits-all," said Gannon, who became Shaw's president and chief operating officer in May. "We want to do a better job than anyone in the marketplace, by tailoring the products and the overall store to the customer needs. We think we've gotten pretty good at that over the past three to four years. In fact, very good."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund