USA: Shaw's Supermarkets on the expansion trail - MEMBERS
The incoming CEO of US supermarket group Shaw's says that tailoring stores to the areas they serve is vital to their success. "We don't want to be one-size-fits-all," said Gannon, who became Shaw's president and chief operating officer in May. "We want to do a better job than anyone in the marketplace, by tailoring the products and the overall store to the customer needs. We think we've gotten pretty good at that over the past three to four years. In fact, very good."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill