MALAYSIA: Shoon Fatt biscuit group eyes international expansion
Shoon Fatt Biscuit & Confectionery , the Malaysian manufacturer, has unveiled ambitious expansion plans overseas. The company expects to spread its wings to Europe, South Africa and the US before the end of this year, as it believes these export markets will be lucrative for its products. In 1999, approximately one quarter of the group's RM28m (US$7.4m) turnover was generated from export sales. "We expect a 30% increase in exports in the company's sales turnover at the end of this year," managing director Loo Yen Chan told the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife