MALAYSIA: Shoon Fatt biscuit group eyes international expansion
Shoon Fatt Biscuit & Confectionery , the Malaysian manufacturer, has unveiled ambitious expansion plans overseas. The company expects to spread its wings to Europe, South Africa and the US before the end of this year, as it believes these export markets will be lucrative for its products. In 1999, approximately one quarter of the group's RM28m (US$7.4m) turnover was generated from export sales. "We expect a 30% increase in exports in the company's sales turnover at the end of this year," managing director Loo Yen Chan told the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes