MALAYSIA: Shoon Fatt biscuit group eyes international expansion
Shoon Fatt Biscuit & Confectionery , the Malaysian manufacturer, has unveiled ambitious expansion plans overseas. The company expects to spread its wings to Europe, South Africa and the US before the end of this year, as it believes these export markets will be lucrative for its products. In 1999, approximately one quarter of the group's RM28m (US$7.4m) turnover was generated from export sales. "We expect a 30% increase in exports in the company's sales turnover at the end of this year," managing director Loo Yen Chan told the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch