USA: Shoppers prefer in-store butchers to case-ready meat, says study
Despite the recent growth in retail demand for case-ready meats, shoppers still prefer purchasing meat through an in-store fresh meat area with a butcher. In total, 83% of shoppers believe that a fresh meat department with a butcher is very or somewhat important, according to a recent study on "Consumer Attitudes & the Supermarket" conducted by the Food Marketing Institute (FMI).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs