INDIA: Shrimp exporters face new stringent controls
Anxious to avoid the same fate as China, Vietnam, Thailand and Myanmar, the Indian government is imposing rigorous controls on shrimp processors and exporters. Every year, the country shrimp exports generate foreign exchange of Rs. 4,000 crores (US$818m), amounting to two-thirds of the total seafood exports. Fears for the safety of the trade have been raised however as the EU and US impose bans on shrimp imports
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery