INDIA: Shrimp exporters face new stringent controls
Anxious to avoid the same fate as China, Vietnam, Thailand and Myanmar, the Indian government is imposing rigorous controls on shrimp processors and exporters. Every year, the country shrimp exports generate foreign exchange of Rs. 4,000 crores (US$818m), amounting to two-thirds of the total seafood exports. Fears for the safety of the trade have been raised however as the EU and US impose bans on shrimp imports
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes