USA: Silver Star Foods hires help to re-gain its share in the frozen food industry
In a move to shore up its position in the frozen food industry, especially in the New York market, Silver Star Foods (SSTF) has hired Z Mark Sales and Marketing as its broker to the supermarket trade.
Z Mark will handle all retail chains, or their distributors, with facilities originating in the Tri-State or New York Metropolitan market.
"This move marks our re-dedication to one of our core businesses - frozen food items," said SSTF CEO, Michael Trotta. "With the hiring of Bart Zdatny of Z Mark, we are returning to the frozen food item market in the Tri-State area."
Trotta commented: "During the last 12 months, SSTF focused all its efforts on raising capital, locating mergers and/or acquisitions, and seeking additional businesses within which to expand. Those efforts have begun to pay off, and we believe the time is ripe to re-establish our position in frozen foods.
"We know our frozen food items, including stuffed and other pasta products, are well received in this market," Trotta added: "Since reforming SSTF several years ago we have sold more than US$5.5m in the market. Z Mark will help us re-introduce our lines and reshape our presence."
SSTF recently disclosed that its wholly owned subsidiary, Silver Star Media Group, was in discussions to exclusively co-publish the authorized "Muhammad Ali Collectible Magazine", which will provide in-depth details of the life and accomplishments of the boxing great.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning