USA: Simmons Breaded Chicken Breast Tenders recalled for undeclared ingredient, according to the Georgia Department of Agriculture
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin announced today that a brand of frozen breaded chicken breast tenders is voluntarily being recalled by the manufacturer because the product contains an ingredient not listed on the label.Simmons Foods, Incorporated, of Van Buren, Arkansas, is recalling approximately 716,000 pounds of its Simmons brand frozen "Breaded Chicken Breast Tenders" in 40 ounce (2.5 pound) packages because they contain non-fat dry milk, an ingredient not listed on the label. The product was distributed nationwide and in Hong Kong.The product was produced between April 7 and October 25, 2000. The first four digits of the code, printed on the side of each package, are between 0098 and 0299, inclusive. Also, "P-20287" appears in the USDA inspection legend on the front of the package."Our food safety inspectors are checking to make sure these products have been removed from grocery store shelves during their routine inspections," said Commissioner Irvin. "Law requires that all ingredients be listed on the product label. This lets the public know exactly what they are eating and protects individuals who may have allergic reactions or have other health concerns relating to a particular ingredient."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry