Simplot launches John West ancient grain tuna meals
Simplot targets convenience, health trends
Simplot-owned tuna brand John West is launching a new range of ready to eat tuna meals, Tuna Brown Rice & Quinoa, in Australia.
The company said this new line, which features "ancient grain superfoods", combines tuna, vegetables and sauce together with the brown rice & quinoa. The range includes three flavours: Moroccan, Thai Red Curry and Mediterranean.
The line aims to deliver a "convenient, healthy lunch or snack alternative," Simplot said.
The products will be available in Coles and Woolworths throughout Australia with an RRP of RRP A$4.39 for a 200g serving.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch