AUS: Simplot launches steamed veg-and-cheese sauce offering
Simplot has introduced a new frozen veg product from Birds Eye
US group JR Simplot is launching a flavoured steam-cook vegetable under its Birds Eye brand in Australia.
The Birds Eye SteamFresh Vegetables & Cheese Sauce range is aimed at presenting consumers with a "fast, flavoursome and steam cooked side of plate solution that is portion controlled into individual serves".
Kelly Wilson, brand manager for frozen vegetables in the retail and foodservice channels, said the latest offering from Birds Eye is targeting those with busy lifestyles, particularly consumers who are looking to add more vegetables into their diet in a quick, tasty and easy way.
"We are really confident the Birds Eye SteamFresh Vegetables and Cheese Sauce range will appeal to smaller households. Delivering strongly on the convenience, quality and control aspects that cooking in a steam pouch provides, we know consumers will enjoy recreating a favourite and traditional veggie side dish with no fuss.
"This range is perfect for consumers who are constantly on-the-go and looking for simple, tasty and nutritious meal ideas. SteamFresh Vegetables & Cheese Sauce is the perfect partner to just about every meal."
The new range will be available at Woolworths Ltd, Coles and independent stores from 28 April at an RRP of A$3.99 (US$3.73) for two individual steam pouches.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Frozen Fruits and Vegetables in Thousand Tons by the following Product Segments: Frozen Fruits, and Frozen Vegetables....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights