AUSTRALIA: Simplot task force hopes action plan will save plant
A task force hoping to save the Simplot potato-processing plant in Scottsdale is putting together an action plan to prove the factory can be viable. The Simplot task force, which is made up of Simplot workers, community groups, local council representatives and academics, has fifteen months to come up with a plan to save the plant and its 135 jobs. If they fail to do so, the plant will be closed. The region's economic development committee has said that if the plant closes it will come up with an alternative economic plan for the region, reported ABC Regional News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK