AUSTRALIA: Simplot task force hopes action plan will save plant
A task force hoping to save the Simplot potato-processing plant in Scottsdale is putting together an action plan to prove the factory can be viable. The Simplot task force, which is made up of Simplot workers, community groups, local council representatives and academics, has fifteen months to come up with a plan to save the plant and its 135 jobs. If they fail to do so, the plant will be closed. The region's economic development committee has said that if the plant closes it will come up with an alternative economic plan for the region, reported ABC Regional News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action