US: Sinclair begins Wal-Mart US role
Sinclair, 47, has joined Wal-Mart as executive vice president of grocery merchandise in a key role at the top of the company's US business.
Sinclair will oversee Wal-Mart's US grocery business, reporting to John Fleming, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer for Wal-Mart Stores U.S.
"Jack has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the retail food business and I look forward to his contributions as we continue to grow our grocery business," Fleming said.
The retail world is becoming a globalised one. As a new report from just-food demonstrates, the likes of Wal-Mart and Carrefour have been busy building their businesses worldwide - but they are now en...
Marks & Spencer's shock trading update this week cast a shadow over UK retail - and proved this week's most popular story on just-food....
Marks & Spencer should not try to compete solely on price with their larger UK grocery rivals in a bid to revitalise its flagging food business, analysts told just-food today (3 July)....
The gloomy trading update from Marks & Spencer yesterday (2 July) sent its share price plunging and shudders through the UK retail sector. With food sales falling by more than 4%, the head of its food...
Fresh & Easy opened its 62nd store in Manhattan Beach, California, today (3 July) as Tesco resumed the roll-out of its US chain after a three-month hiatus....
Italian cooking sauce brand Dolmio has introduced two more recipes to its Stir-In sauce range, under a "Taste of Summer" banner....
Tesco has today (30 June) launched a legal challenge to part of the UK's Competition Commission's inquiry into the country's grocery sector....
Wal-Mart's newly launched scheme to educate its workers about the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) programme has come under attack from union officials, who claim the move is little more than an attemp...
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch