NZ: Singapore firm ups Open Country Cheese stake
Singapore-based agricultural commodities company Olam International has taken its stake in New Zealand dairy producer Open Country Cheese Co. to almost 20%.
Olam, which last week bought a 17% shareholding in Open Country Cheese for NZ$20.5m (US$15.4m), has acquired more shares for NZ$3.4m.
The deal takes Olam's stake in Open Country Cheese to around 19.9%.
Open Country Cheese exports cheese and whey powder to markets including Australia, Indonesia, Russia and the UK.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action