USA: Six New Members Join Ahold in WorldWide Retail Exchange
Royal Ahold (NYSE:AHO - news), the leading international food provider, today announced that six new retailers have joined the WorldWide Retail Exchange (WWRE), of which Ahold is a founding member. The six new retailers are Dairy Farm International (Hong Kong), Dansk Supermarked (Denmark), El Corte Ingles (Spain), Rite Aid Corporation (USA), Safeway plc (UK) and Supervalu (USA). They boost the number of members of this business-to-business (B2B) Web-based exchange to 25. In addition to the six new retailers, WWRE membership includes, in alphabetical order: Ahold (the Netherlands): Albertson's (USA), Auchan (France), Best Buy (USA), Casino (France), Cora (France), CVS (USA), Delhaize (Belgium), The Gap (USA), J.C. Penney (USA), Jusco (Japan), Kesko (Finland), Kingfisher (UK), Kmart (USA), Marks & Spencer (UK), Safeway Inc. (USA), Target (USA), Tesco (UK) and Walgreens (USA). "We're very pleased to have players of this caliber all actively involved in the WorldWide Retail Exchange," said Gerard van Breen, senior vice president global sourcing at Ahold, one of the retailers that took the initiative to form the WWRE last March. "Through the Exchange, that will be operational in August, we see great opportunities for Ahold's global and regional sourcing activities, lowering our costs considerably. We are convinced the Exchange will become the preferred place for retailers and suppliers to conduct transactions. We believe it will swiftly become the standard for all B2B e-commerce transactions." The WWRE (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements