USA: Sizzler announces completion of Oscar's acquisition
Sizzler International, Inc. (NYSE:SZ) announced at its annual shareholder meeting today that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of 82% of San Diego based Oscar's, a successful and rapidly growing 9 unit restaurant company in Southern California and Phoenix. "We are very enthusiastic about this acquisition, and looking forward to expanding the Oscar's revenue by at least 30% this year," said Charles Boppell, President and CEO of Sizzler International. "In its second year, we expect the acquisition will be accretive to Sizzler's earnings. Since the initial announcement of the acquisition, Oscar's has opened a new restaurant in Mira Mesa, Calif., and we expect two others to open late this year or early 2001. Over the long-term, we believe Oscar's will prove to be an important growth vehicle for Sizzler." Oscar's sales increased more than 20% during the first half of 2000, fueled by a 12% increase in same store sales. In 1999, Oscar's generated more than $22 million in revenues and EBITDA of $3.6 million. Oscar's restaurants offer a full menu of award-winning gourmet pizzas, baby back ribs, barbecue chicken, and other items that have gained favorable reviews in such periodicals as Nation's Restaurant News, Chain leader, and in The San Diego Union Tribune. In addition, Oscar's was voted "Best Pizza" by San Diego station KFMB, Channel 8's Unknown Eater for three years in a row, and was awarded "Best Pizza" by the city of Temecula as well.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016