SWEDEN: Skånemejerier and Probi cut deal over bacterium patent rights
Swedish coop dairy Skånemejerier has finalised negotiations with biotech group Probi over marketing rights to Probi's patented Lactobacillus plantarum 299v, featured in Skånemejerier's ProViva functional foods line. Under the agreement, Probi will pay Skånemejerier SKr40m in cash to yield its rights to the patent outside the Nordic countries and the UK. Skånemejerier will also own royalities on sales outside these regions. In return, Skånemejerier would use its production know-how and product development expertise to the benefit of Probi.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review