SWEDEN: Skånemejerier and Probi cut deal over bacterium patent rights
Swedish coop dairy Skånemejerier has finalised negotiations with biotech group Probi over marketing rights to Probi's patented Lactobacillus plantarum 299v, featured in Skånemejerier's ProViva functional foods line. Under the agreement, Probi will pay Skånemejerier SKr40m in cash to yield its rights to the patent outside the Nordic countries and the UK. Skånemejerier will also own royalities on sales outside these regions. In return, Skånemejerier would use its production know-how and product development expertise to the benefit of Probi.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits