SWEDEN: Skånemejerier and Probi cut deal over bacterium patent rights
Swedish coop dairy Skånemejerier has finalised negotiations with biotech group Probi over marketing rights to Probi's patented Lactobacillus plantarum 299v, featured in Skånemejerier's ProViva functional foods line. Under the agreement, Probi will pay Skånemejerier SKr40m in cash to yield its rights to the patent outside the Nordic countries and the UK. Skånemejerier will also own royalities on sales outside these regions. In return, Skånemejerier would use its production know-how and product development expertise to the benefit of Probi.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"